Monday, November 29, 2010

Fascination with my future: typewriter

One day, as I muse over how far I've come through life, quite possibly in my apartment with a balcony. I'll sit down in front of my antique typewriter and write about the lessons I've learned and ones I would love to pass onto my children. Unlike the internet, the words I type are permanent. Ink stamped onto paper. Although easily looked over as words, there would be an underlying notion that the reader knows that I put a lot of thought and time into the words that I had chosen.

Quite possibly my fascination of having a typewriter when I grow up has to deal with my fascination of George Peppard's character in "Breakfast at Tiffany's" or how Remy's mother in This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen wrote with a typewriter.

But in my future, I see an apartment with a balcony and a typewriter.

No comments: