Monday, June 4, 2012

164: Alternative Career

I've been spending a lot of time lately studying for CBEST which is primarily Reading Comprehension, Math, and Writing. I've mostly spent a lot of time focusing on the math section due to not having done math since my Freshman year of college. (ew I can say that now) I've found myself getting close to the end of my Practice Exam I get frustrated and don't want to finish. Math currently takes me >3hrs just to finish. Anywho, my frustration gets so far I contemplate whether or not I'll pass this test the first time. This afternoon, Jon and I went to The Livingroom where I just did another Practice Exam: Reading Comprehension and Writing. My frustration grew so much that I decided a new alternative career in the case I do not become an educator (note this sarcasm is a way to release my frustrations)

My hair is cut short like Velma from Chicago. I wear red lipstick and I smoke candy cigarettes that hang on the end of cigarette holders. My movements are fluid like Cruella de vil and I walk around my apartment above my sister's garage  donning a sparkly black gown with faux fur wrapped around my shoulders. I am the eccentric Aunt Janel that my nieces and nephew's will warn their friend's about and at the early hours of the morning I will typing on my typewriter like George Peppard from Breakfast at Tiffany's and my sister will find me at 4am burning all of my work that I felt was not working as a master piece.

These are the frustrations that ran through my mind. but hey, it's only my second week of being a College Graduate. Jon tells me everything will work out. I hope so. I hope so.

No comments: